We all live busy lives and fitting additional events can sometimes be impossible. Parish & Town Councillors give up their time to serve their communities. This involves giving time to meetings, events, attendance of outside bodies events, representing the communities views at planning committee meetings to name just a few. Clerks and Officers who serve Councils are often overstretched with the extension of powers, responsibilities and assets being devolved.
Finding the time to attend training although important can be the straw that breaks the camels back!
There are many CiLCA portfolios that lay incomplete in a draw or shelf, with the Clerk having no time to complete it. It can look like an unsurmountable task, impossible to complete as work and other demands compete for the few available hours per week.
We gave these matters our full attention and looked at possible solutions. Training is vital for both Councillors and Clerks and their communities. It also addresses the risks associated with finances and acting outside of the law. We assessed the issues around busy lives and finding time to undertake training. This also included taking into consideration travel and having to find upfront cost associated with it.
These were our solutions:
1. A residential CiLCA course over two days to provide expert tuition and distracted time to undertake and complete the portfolio.
2. Online comprehensive selection of training modules for Councillors and Clerks.
3. Online training videos
4. Training packages to purchase for council or third party delivery
5. Pre-meeting half hour training hits on chosen topics with trainer, material & equipment or to purchase for council delivery
6. Bespoke training delivered at the councils locality with trainer, material & equipment provided
Much of the training is available now with the others in active development. To find out more contact us firstname.lastname@example.org www.lcpas.co.uk
Click Here to download the Residential CiLCA Course Flyer: 29th